Jen - Week 2 Assignment

Hi, Diana!

Even after trying to simplify the tones/shapes, I worry that my pieces might be a bit too painterly because of my textured brushes. Morgan Freeman's portrait was especially tricky; I struggled to not render too many details and used a couple more greys than I should have. Should his hair be depicted with fewer strokes/values?




Comments

  1. Textured brushes do tend to give a more painterly look, I'd say for a graphic representation best to stick with hard edge, no texture brushes - BUT that is really up to the individual. You did a very good job, all the shapes are the right proportion, so the extra rendering isn't really an issue. As for Morgan Freeman's hair, I would have kept it one solid shape, or (if you wanted to render it out) drawn it curly or used a large spotted brush and just made it more texture-y. You did a great job though, so don't worry about the little things :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment