Hello Diana!
This week was TOUGH!! My brain hurt!! :P
This week class assignment is not a completely fail but not that far!
My homework is better but I struggle a lot with my color and the level of details. After I bloc the basic shapes and values, I start to redefine the image but for odd reasons, I find myself stuck and I find that whatever I do, it is not improving my painting. Thank you for the feedback! :)
Homework
Class assignment
This week was TOUGH!! My brain hurt!! :P
This week class assignment is not a completely fail but not that far!
My homework is better but I struggle a lot with my color and the level of details. After I bloc the basic shapes and values, I start to redefine the image but for odd reasons, I find myself stuck and I find that whatever I do, it is not improving my painting. Thank you for the feedback! :)
Homework
Class assignment


Don't give up! It wasn't a fail, it takes a lot of practice to get the desired result. In the first painting, I think the issue is that the image is lacking a variety of shape sizes - you have the large shapes in there, but then it looks like you ran out of patience to get to the little bits - those little bits can totally enhance the picture. Try using some texture brushes to add more spotted areas (light, medium and dark) to the ground and brighten those highlights on the door to make it stand out.
ReplyDeleteAs for the bottom one, the main problem I think is that the ground is a bit too light, and again, you didn't add the smaller shapes to the rocks. The picture needs that texture for variety, or it will look too much like there is one texture for everything. Take your time and don't quit!
Thank you Diana for your feedback. I will not quit!!! And yes I think I lost my temper trying to draw the rocky trail. I tried to use texture brush but it kind of look "photophop" too much.
Delete